Sprinkle some hope in the lives of kids in foster care
This Fairy Bread Day, you can give a child in care their very own life-changing Pyjama Angel mentor. Let's spread some love and sweetness, and show these kiddos that we're in their corner.
- Anonymous just donated $110.78
- Trish Rudge just donated $52.75
- Beacy ES just donated $79.13
- Hessel Pty Ltd just donated $200
- Madylene Planer just donated $73.85
- Anonymous just donated $20
- Teisha Walker just donated $10
- Bernie Childs just donated $52.75
- Anonymous just donated $35.87
- Florian Vaissiere just donated $35
- Anonymous just donated $50
- Anonymous just donated $52.75
- Merewether High School Wellbeing Team and students just donated $133.90
- Cherry Fratto just donated $211
- Mim Design just donated $50
- Southern Cross just donated $26.38
- Lindsay Mulholland just donated $21.10
- Nicole Oats just donated $266.50
- Deborah Scaturro just donated $109.72
- Swan Districts FC Onslow just donated $72
The Pyjama Foundation
The Pyjama Foundation is proud to be partnering with Dollar Sweets for the sweetest day of the year, Fairy Bread Day 2023. Founded in 2004, The Pyjama Foundation gives children in foster care the opportunity to change the direction of their lives with learning, life skills, and confidence.
Alarmed at the statistics highlighting poor literacy and numeracy levels of children in care, and how this contributes to a lifetime of disadvantage, founder Bronwyn Sheehan OAM made the decision to offer hope and a more positive outlook for these children.
Through a simple program known as the Love of Learning Program, volunteers called Pyjama Angels are matched with a child in care, and spend just one hour a week focusing on learning based activities.
By bringing joy and love into the homes of Aussie kids, Fairy Bread Day key message is to sprinkle kindness.